Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Phone Call for Santi

Last night we were on our way, driving to Wednesday night church when we received a call from a little boy at Shands! He had a request...Santi, knowing we were going to church and wanting to be there, called and asked if we could sing his favorite song, even though he wouldn't be there to sing it.

Later on when the hymn, "Victory in Jesus" was turned to, Olivia slipped out of the pew to make a phone call...this was Santi's hymn! As we sang the last note, a small voice could be heard, excited to know that he could join us for his song after all. One little boy's night was made special...yup, a phone call for Santi!

Daddy holding the phone for Santi, while Mom grabbed the camera.


Thank you for all the prayer that is going up to the Lord for little Santi! He may still look swollen and not "Santi-ish" but really, we are so encouraged to know how well he's doing.

"I heard about his healing, of His cleansing power revealing, how He made the lame to walk again and caused the blind to see; and then I cried, "Dear Jesus, come and heal my broken spirit," And somehow Jesus came and brought to me the victory.

O victory in Jesus, my Savior, forever! He sought me and bought with His redeeming blood; He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him. He plunged me to victory beneath the cleansing flood." -Victory In Jesus

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Santi,
Melanie and I have been following your progress and have done a horrible job of posting comments! I have your blog in my Google Reader so I see all your updates. Sounds like you're being a trooper. I also love "Victory in Jesus." When my family goes to a local men's shelter to conduct a chapel service, the men often request that song. I love it because it talks of Christ's ability to heal both inward and outward issues. Hang in there. May Christ continue to give you patience in the pain, and joy in the recovery.
Nathan M