Monday, July 7, 2008

Dwelling in Heaven



I recently studied patience. I even spoke about it in a talk to ladies at a Family Life Conference. I probably sounded very knowledgeable about it and maybe as if I was a very patient person….like I had it all together in the patience department. Shortly after that conference, I was tested and failed the test of patience.


The 3 main things I learned about patience were:


  • Jesus loves me enough to allow the trial.

  • The darker the trial, the brighter the testimony, and

  • Hope is a key to understanding patience.



Hope……
Not “Oh, I hope this doesn’t last long.”
Not “Oh, I hope I’ll get married after all.”
Not “Oh, I hope this doesn’t leave a scar.”
Not, “Oh, I hope we don’t go bankrupt.”
Not, “Oh, I hope I’m completely healed.”
Not, “Oh, I hope I have a baby.”



Our hope is in heaven! Our hope is in the Lord! Our hope is eternal, not temporal….no matter what the physical outcome of the trial is, our hope is in heaven!


Santi is a picture of hopeful patience to me. I thought about how I would handle his situation: seven screws in my head and having to rely on the help of others just to go the bathroom….sitting all day long in one chair…..sleeping all night long without the luxury of turning over. Oh my.

Santi doesn’t talk about heaven, but he dwells there……………
Mom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Ana.

eunice:O)