Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Miracle of Normalcy

There is a degree of life called NORMAL. The degree intensifies or recedes as time passes; the length of time passed also varies. “Normal” differs for each of us….what is normal for me may be abnormal for you, and yet, God created us in His image. We all have the same basic needs, but when we feel we should have more of a basic need because of selfishness, or fear, or greed, or lust, our lives become…..abnormal. Jesus said that His grace was sufficient so I’m beginning to realize that having the mind of Christ is normal.

When something “out-of- the-ordinary” happens, I become fearful just like the disciples in the boat during their trip. Jesus said they were going across, but when the tempest rose up, everyone became intensely afraid and doubted the truth…..this was just not normal. And Jesus was asleep! Now sleeping sounds very normal to me.

Sleeping during a tempest is normal…..fearing during a tempest is not.

They forgot the verse in Psalm 118: 6: “The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?” and the one is Proverbs 3: 24: “When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down and thy sleep shall be sweet.”

Normalcy becomes a miracle!

No comments: