Monday, July 7, 2008

Scripture on an Envelope



Today marks a week to the day that Santi and I went up to Shands to have surgery. Both of us are so thankful to all who prayed, and continue to pray for us. God is good and we’re both doing really great! As I write, Santi is singing at the top of his lungs, filling the house with a cheerful tune…what a blessing and a joy to all of us, knowing that it’s not a painless task to now have eight pounds of weight hooked to his wheelchair. God is certainly answering your prayers, God is giving Santi the power and the grace to go through this tough time in his young life.


Tomorrow Santi will be going up to Shands for a follow-up appointment. X-rays of Santi with the weights hooked up will give the doctors clear direction of where Santi is and where he should be.


Again thank you for all the encouragement to our whole family, God has used all the cards and scriptures as a true source of encouragement. Last Monday as we were sitting, waiting to hear about Santi and about an hour before my own surgery, I began to feel uncertain….fearful. At this time I remembered that I had tucked away a little envelope from a little friend from church. Some verses of scripture were written on that envelope. Reaching into my backpack, I found… “For God hath not given you (me) a mind of fear…”. I’m so thankful to the Lord for using scripture on an envelope!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cilicia-Thank you for the post! It was wonderful to hear from you and what the Lord encouraged your heart with right before the surgery. May Jesus continue to give you and Santi peace and strength as you recover.

Love,
SarahM